Mrz 5 2009
Ein weiterer Testzyklus ging vor kurzem auf den PTRs zu Ende. Dieses mal wurden der Flammenleviathan und Ignis the Furnace Master getestet.
Der Flammenleviathan stellt den ersten Encounter in Ulduar dar und soll gleich mit einem neuen Feature punkten. So ist der Flame Leviathan ein riesiger Panzer. Und womit bekämpft man Panzer am besten? Mit eigenen schweren Geschützen.
Beim Flammenleviathan wird also zum ersten mal der sogenannte „Vehicle Combat“ zum Einsatz kommen.
Mem hatte die Möglichkeit den Encounter direkt auf den PTRs zu testen und hat in seinem Blog dazu einen Artikel geschrieben.
Das was die meisten brennend interessieren wird, ist wie der Encounter denn nun überhaupt aussieht und abläuft.
Darum direkt zu Beginn das Video zum Flammenleviathan um einen besseren Eindruck des neuen „Vehicle Combats“ zu bekommen:
Hier nun eine kurze Zusammenfassung der Encounter-Fähigkeiten:
Flame Leviathan Abilities
Health – 15.5M (10-Man) / ? (25-Man)
Every 30 seconds he will switch targets to another siege vehicle, mark them, and follow them around. If you do not have two siege vehicles active then he will pick a different unit.
He has a soft enrange due to Gathering Speed. You have to kite him, thanks to Battering Ram, and it becomes harder and harder to get away from him even with help from Steam Rush.
· Flame Jets: Inflicts 2000 Fire damage to enemies around the caster. 50 yard range. Interruptable.
· Battering Ram: a melee range attack, Rams the target, dealing damage and knocking it forward. Debuffs them with "Battering Ram": Damage taken increased by 100%.
· Gathering Speed: periodically he moves a bit faster by gaining another stack of this buff. The stack is reset when he is stunned by Overload Circuit.
· He also fires rockets constantly at the raid, doing about 700 damage each time they land (about once every 1-2 seconds)
· He has 4 turrets. Passengers in the demolisher can be launched at him where they can destroy the turrets and then hit the Overload Circuit: stuns Flame Leviathan and causes him to take 50% more damage for 10 seconds.
The vehicles have a base HP that then increases based on the ilvl of your gear (tip: stop DE’ing trash epics with high ilevels and save them for Ulduar!)
Salvaged Siege Engine
This vehicle demolishes towers as you clear the gauntlet and kites the Flame Leviathan. It can carry a passenger.
· Ram: 15 yard range, 4 second cooldown, instant. Rams any enemies in front of the demolisher, dealing 5,400 to 6,600 damage and knocking them back. Also deals 2,850 to 3,150 siege damage to buildings.
· Electroshock: 38 energy, 10 second cooldown, instant. Shocks all targets within a 25 yard cone in front of the caster. It also interrupts spellcasting and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4 seconds.
· Steam Rush: 40 Energy, 15 second cooldown, instant. Put the steam engine into overdrive for a short duration, rushing forward, dealing siege damage and knocking back enemies.
· Anti-Air Rocket: 10 energy, 1000 yard range. Instant, 0.25 sec cooldown. Fires an explosive missile directly forward, detonating when it has travelled 100 yards, hitting any enemies within 10 yards.
· Fire Cannon: 20 Energy, 10-70 yard range, Instant. Fires a cannon blast.
This vehicle moves slowly but has ranged attacks and can even catapult its passengers. It can carry a passenger, who can grapple the pyrites from the ground and loads them one by one as abilities that deplete them are used. The primary use for them is giving 10 charges to the big nuke.
· Hurl Boulder: 10-70 yard range, instant. Hurls a massive boulder into the distance, dealing 13.5k to 16.5k damage to enemies within 8 yards of the target.
· Hurl Pyrite Barrel: 5 Pyrite, 10-70 yard range, instant. Hurls an orb of blue pyrite into the distance, dealing 27k-33k damage, but consumes ammo.
· Ram: 15 yard range, 4 second cooldown, instant. Rams any enemies in front of the demolisher, dealing 8,550 to 9,450 damage and knocking them back. Also deals 2,160 to 4,640 siege damage to buildings.
· Launch Passenger: launches the Demolisher’s passenger into the air.
· Cannon: 40 yard range. Instant, 1 second cooldown. Fires an explosive missile directly forward, detonating when it has traveled 50 yards, hitting any enemies within 10 yards.
· Grab Crate: 40 yard range. Instant. Use your hoook and chain to grab the targeted crate.
· Reload Ammo: Loads 20 rounds into the demolisher’s ammunition cartridge. Requires Liquid Pyrite.
· Increased Speed: instant. Injects liquid pyrite into the engines, increasing movement speed by 100%. Lasts 1 min.
· Load into Catapult: instant, 30 second cooldown. Load yourself into the catapult arm, using yourself as ammunition.
This motorcycle model is very fast and moves very adroitly (it can strafe, for example.) It can carry a passenger.
· Sonic Horn: Instant, 20 energy. Sends a wave of force in front of the motorcycle, causing 3150 to 3850 damage to all enemy targets within 35 yards in a frontal cone.
· Tar: Instant, 15 second cooldown. Drops a pool of tar for 45 seconds that slows the movement speed of enemies wihtin 10 yards. Tar can be ignited. Lasts for 45 seconds
· Speed Boost: Instant, 50 energy. Fires the fuel injectors on the bike, increasing its speed by 100% for 5 seconds. (no cooldown)
Die Infos zum Ignis the Furnace Master flattern gerade erst so langsam rein, vorab aber schon mal eine kurze Zusammenfassung seiner Fähigkeiten.
Ignis the Furnace Master
· Health – 24.4M (Heroic) / ? (Normal)
· Scorch — Fires a jet of flame, burning all enemies in front of the caster within 30 yards, dealing 3770 to 4230 Fire damage every half-second for 3 sec. Additionally, the ground is scorched by this effect causing it to catch on fire, dealing 3299 to 3701 Fire damage every second too all enemies within 13 yards. Iron Constructs within this radius will begin to heat up, eventually becoming molten. (10-Man – 2357-2643 Damage)
· Flame Jets — Stomps the ground causing geysers of flame to errupt under all enemies. These geysers deal 8483 to 9517 Fire damage, knocking the targets into the air and interrupting any spells being cast for 8 sec. In addition, the targets take 1000 Fire damage per second for 8 sec. (10-Man – 5655-6345 Damage)
· Slag Pot — Charges and grabs a random enemy target, tossing them into the caster’s slag pot. The target is unable to attack the caster and takes 5000 Fire damage every second for 10 sec. If the target survives, they are imbued with the magical slag, increasing their haste by 150% for until cancelled. (10-Man: 3500 damage)
He also activate the Iron Constructs next to him throughout the fight.
· Health – 3.81M (Heroic) / ? Normal
· Running them into fire will give them a charge of Heat — Blasts all nearby Iron Constructs with intense heat, increasing their movement speed by 5 and haste by 5. This effect stacks up to 20 times. If this effect stacks to 20, the affected Iron Construct will become Molten.
· Once a construct is Molten he will gain extra haste and deal 4713 to 5287 Fire damage to enemies within 7 yards. Running him into water will destroy it. (10-Man: 2357-2643 Damage)
Hier nun ein PTR Video zu Ignis the Furnace Master: