World of Warcraft Client Patch 4.0.6
The latest retail patch notes can be found here: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2166872
Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Death Coil damage has been reduced by roughly 10%.
- Icebound Fortitude now breaks stuns when used, in addition to providing immunity to them.
- Necrotic Strike’s absorption effect is now reduced by the target’s resilience. In addition, its debuff duration has been reduced to 10 seconds, down from 15.
- The spell hit bonus previously given by Virulence (Unholy) has been rolled into the Runic Focus passive effect that all death knights possess.
- Bone Shield now has 4 charges, up from 3.
- Crimson Scourge has been redesigned slightly. Instead of a 50/100% chance to make the next Blood Boil free when Plague Strike is used on a target with Blood Plague, the talent now gives a 5/10% chance to provide a free Blood Boil when the death knight lands any melee attack on a Blood Plagued target.
- If Death Strike is used while a Blood Shield is already active, the new absorb will stack with the old one instead of replacing it.
- Heart Strike now deals 175% weapon damage plus 15% per disease, up from 120% plus 10% per disease.
- Improved Death Strike now increases the damage of Death Strike by 30/60/90%, up from 15/30/45%.
- Scarlet Fever now applies via Blood Plague, rather than Blood Boil.
- Will of the Necropolis no longer refunds a Blood Rune when it resets Rune Tap’s cooldown. Instead it makes the next Rune Tap free while Will of the Necropolis is active.
- Chilblains now also causes Chains of Ice to root the target for 1.5/3 seconds.
- Howling Blast now deals 40% less damage to all targets other than the primary target of the spell.
- Hungering Cold now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Might of the Frozen Wastes now also increases all melee damage by 4/8/12% while wielding a two-handed weapon.
- Blightcaller (Mastery) has been redesigned and renamed Dreadblade. It increases all Shadow damage by 2.5% per point of mastery.
- Dark Transformation now increases pet damage by 80%, down from 100%.
- Death’s Advance (new talent): While both Unholy Runes are depleted, movement-impairing effects cannot reduce the death knight below 75/100% of normal movement speed.
- Desecration is now also triggered by Necrotic Strike.
- The ratio of runic power return from Magic Suppression has been reduced by roughly one third.
- Rage of Rivendare now increases strike damage by 12/24/36%, down from 15/30/45%.
- Runic Corruption procs while the aura is already active now add 3 seconds to the existing aura duration, instead of simply refreshing/overwriting the existing aura.
- Shadow Infusion now increases pet damage by 8% per stack, down from 10%.
- Sudden Doom is now triggered only from main-hand auto attacks, and is normalized according to weapon speed rather than having a fixed percentage chance.
- Unholy Might (passive) has been reduced to a 5% Strength increase, down from 10%.
- Virulence has been redesigned. It now grants 10/20/30% additional disease damage.
- Glyph of Dark Succor (new glyph) raises the minimum healing done by Death Strike from 7% to 15% of maximum health, but only while in Unholy or Frost Presence.
- Glyph of Death’s Embrace no longer refunds Runic Power when self-healing via Lichborne.
- Swordbreaking and Swordshattering now reduce disarm duration by 60%, up from 50%.
Death Knight Bug Fixes
- Blood of the North is no longer incorrectly increasing Blood Strike damage by 10%.
- The tooltip for Blood Presence was giving an incorrect value and has been corrected.
- The amount of bonus damage Blood Strike was receiving per disease was inconsistent with its tooltip and has been amended.
- Crimson Scourge will no longer proc if Blood Plague is not present on the target.
- Death Grip has a minimum range requirement of 8 yards against players, but this was not stated in the tooltip. The tooltip has been updated.
- Desecration should stay in place while on the Alliance Gunship in Deepholm.
- When a character is raised as a ghoul with Raise Ally, there is no longer a considerable pause after losing control of the ghoul before being returned to the corpse or graveyard.
- The Scourge Strike tooltip is now correctly augmented by Rage of Rivendare.
- The shadow portion of Scourge Strike was receiving more than 10% increased damage from Frost Presence and has been corrected.
- The shadow portion of Scourge Strike no longer incorrectly still receives a 13% spell damage increase from Earth and Moon.
- The Chains of Ice tooltip is now correctly augmented by Glyph of Chains of Ice.
- Glyph of Raise Ally now correctly affects the risen ally’s health.
- The Vampiric Blood tooltip became awkwardly worded after applying Glyph of Vampiric Blood. We made the words less awkward.
Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Barkskin is no longer dispellable.
- Entangling Roots now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Healing Touch is now trained at level 78, up from level 3.
- Hibernate now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Lacerate damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- Mangle (Bear Form) weapon damage (at level 80+) has been reduced to 235%, down from 300%.
- Mangle (Cat Form) weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 460%, up from 360%.
- Maul damage has been reduced by approximately 20%.
- Moonfire mana cost has been reduced from 18% to 9%.
- Mount Up: This guild perk now applies to Flight Form and Swift Flight Form as well.
- Nature’s Grasp now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Nourish is now trained at level 8, down from level 78.
- Omen of Clarity can no longer trigger from helpful spells (aka heals), unless the Restoration talent Malfurion’s Gift is chosen.
- Prowl is no longer broken by enemies using Demoralizing Shout or Demoralizing Roar.
- Rake damage has been reduced by 10%.
- Rejuvenation is now trained at level 3, down from level 8. In addition, its mana cost is now 20% of base mana.
- Rip damage has been reduced by 10%.
- Shapeshifts: Entering or leaving a shapeshift no longer cancels root effects. It continues to cancel movement slowing effects.
- Shred weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased to 450%, up from 350%.
- Skull Bash’s lockout time has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 5.
- Soothe is now instant cast, down from 1.5 seconds.
- Worgen and troll druids now have new art for Swift Flight Form.
- Fungal growth duration has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 10. In addition, it should now be much more responsive when detonating Wild Mushrooms.
- Moonkin Form now grants 15% damage reduction instead of increased armor. In addition, shapeshifting in or out of this form now breaks roots. Note this is not stated in the tooltip.
- The Shooting Stars buff duration has been increased to 12 seconds, up from 8 seconds.
- Starfall will no longer strike targets that are not in combat and will now drop stars at a slightly faster rate.
- Sunfire mana cost has been reduced from 18% to 9%.
- Total Eclipse (Mastery) benefit from mastery increased by approximately 33%.
- Typhoon mana cost has been reduced by 50%.
- Wild Mushroom is now instant cast, down from 0.5 seconds. In addition, the radius of detonation has been increased to 6 yards, up from 3, and damage done increased by 30%.
- Berserk (instant Mangle proc) now has a new Spell Alert identifier. In addition, Berserk no longer breaks Fear or makes the druid immune to Fear.
- Blood in the Water: Timing on this effect has been improved so that Ferocious Bite will immediately refresh Rip, rather than be slightly delayed (which gave a chance for the Rip to expire despite being refreshed).
- Infected Wounds now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Pulverize weapon damage percent has been reduced to 80%, down from 100%.
- Disentanglement (new specialization): Causes shapeshifting to remove roots in addition to snares.
- Empowered Touch now also affects Regrowth. In addition, after Tree of Life is no longer active, this talent will only refresh the most recently cast or refreshed Lifebloom, and will not refresh other copies of Lifebloom.
- Natural Shapeshifter has been reduced to a 3/6-second increase to Tree of Life’s duration, down from 5/10.
- Nature’s Bounty no longer affects Swiftmend, but now has a new effect. When the druid has Rejuvenation on 3 or more targets, the cast time of Nourish is reduced by 10/20/30%.
- Symbiosis (Mastery) benefit from mastery increased by approximately 16%.
- Tree of Life duration has been reduced to 25 seconds, down from 30.
- Wild Growth healing has been increased by 30%, and the cooldown has been reduced to 8 seconds, down from 10.
- Glyph of Entangling Roots redesigned. It now reduces the cast time of Entangling Roots by 0.2 seconds, rather than making it instant cast.
- Glyph of Regrowth now causes the heal-over-time effect to refresh itself on targets at or below 50% health, up from 25%.
- Glyph of Wrath now increases damage done by Wrath by 10% and no longer requires Insect Swarm on the target.
Druid Bug Fixes
- Druid forms now have an Archaeology Survey animation.
- Balance of Power’s tooltip now states that spell hit rating is increased only by Spirit gained from items and effects.
- Druids can correctly cast Barkskin while silenced.
- Feral Charge: Cat should always turn the druid around to face the back of the target.
- Hurricane should no longer proc when Polymorph is cast on the druid.
- Hurricane now remains at the same location it was cast at while on a moving transport.
- The mana return effect of Leader of the Pack is now consistent with its tooltip.
- Maul and other Feral druid ability tooltips should now show the correct damage.
- Druids in Moonkin Form should now correctly be able to mount.
- Rank 1 of Naturalist now reduces the cast time by what it states on the tooltip.
- Nature’s Swiftness is no longer consumed when casting Entangling Roots that became instant cast via Glyph of Entangling Roots.
- The instant Rejuvenation heal from Gift of the Earthmother should no longer gain bonus healing from haste too soon, and should now correctly benefit from Symbiosis.
- The Thick Hide tooltip should now reflect the new increased values.
- The tooltip for Thrash’s bleed effect listed the amount of damage per tick rather than the total damage for the effect. This has been corrected.
- Using Track Humanoids while in Cat Form should no longer cause loot windows to automatically close the first time they are opened.
- Druids should now make the correct laugh and cry emote sounds while in Tree of Life Form.
- Wild Mushroom’s tooltip now shows the magic school.
- Glyph of Ferocious Bite now correctly augments the Ferocious Bite tooltip.
Hunter (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Aimed Shot weapon damage has been increased to 200%, up from 150%. In addition, the base cast time has been reduced to 2.4 seconds, down from 3.
- Arcane Shot damage has been increased by 15%.
- Aspect of the Wild, Aspect of the Hawk, and Aspect of the Fox can now be cast while mounted.
- Hunters can now use Auto Shot while moving.
- Casting Trap Launcher, Distracting Shot, and Scare Beast now cancel Auto Shot when cast. This is to make it easier to crowd control creatures with Auto Shot while moving enabled.
- Concussive Shot duration has been increased to 6 seconds, up from 4.
- Deterrence now provides 100% chance for melee attacks to miss instead of 100% parry chance. This means that attacks that cannot be parried, notably some rogue abilities, can now be prevented by Deterrence, and the hunter will gain the benefit of Deterrence even if disarmed.
- Dust Cloud’s cooldown and duration have been modified to make it closer aligned with Tailspin (same effect, different pet).
- Freezing Trap now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Kill Command’s damage has been increased by 20%.
- Kill Shot’s attack power scaling has been increased by 50%.
- Master’s Call now has a 35-second cooldown, down from 1 minute, and its range has been increased to 40 yards, up from 25. In addition, the visual effect is more obvious.
- Wing Clip now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Animal Handler now provides a passive 25% bonus to attack power, up from 15%.
- Chimera Shot’s overall damage has been increased by roughly 50%.
- Wild Quiver (Mastery): Chance for this to trigger per mastery has been increased by approximately 17%.
- Black Arrow damage has been reduced by 15%.
- Explosive Shot damage has been reduced by 15%.
- Hunter vs. Wild has been increased to 5/10/15% Stamina, up from 4/8/12%.
- Into the Wilderness (passive) has been reduced to a 10% Agility increase, down from 15%.
- Pets now have 70% of the master’s armor, rather than a different value based on which type of pet they are.
- Shale Spiders now correctly have a special ability (Web Wrap).
- Bad Manner (monkey) now properly breaks from damage.
- Glyph of Concussive Shot redesigned. It now limits the maximum run speed of the target while Concussive Shot is active.
Hunter Bug Fixes
- Aimed Shot no longer ignores the Fire! buff when cast by macro.
- Camouflage is now breaking when the hunter’s traps deal damage to a target.
- Chimera Shot’s particle effect animations should now display correctly.
- Cobra Shot now properly increases the duration of the Serpent Spread Serpent Sting.
- The Focus Fire spell effect is now cooler than your best collection of green rectangles.
- Wild Quiver’s effect per point of mastery value should now be consistent.
- Before shooting, male undead hunters will no longer look away from their targets.
- Pet families added in Cataclysm should not be missing talents.
- Pets should fight all underwater creatures, even if the hunter is out of melee range.
- Ancient Hysteria should not able to affect low-level characters.
- Ancient Hysteria now correctly affects pets.
- Embrace of the Shale Spider now provides resistances so that those resistances are not lost if this buff overwrites Blessing of Forgotten Kings.
- Ferocity-category pets in the dog and fox families now have access to the pet talent Charge.
- Mobility can correctly be learned by land-based hunter pets.
- Ravage no longer counts toward stun diminishing returns.
- Undead hunters now start with Revive Pet on the action bar.
- The pet Spellbook entry for Serpent Swiftness now shows its rank.
- Shale Spiders are no longer missing a special ability.
- The Shell Shield (Terrorpene) visual has been enlarged and should now be seen when cast.
- The tooltip for the armor value in the Character pane should now be showing the correct amount of armor granted to pets.
Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Arcane Barrage mana cost has been reduced by 8%.
- Arcane Blast mana cost has been reduced by 12%.
- The mana costs of Arcane Brilliance and Dalaran Brilliance have been reduced by approximately 16%, making them roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- Counterspell lockout duration reduced to 7 seconds, down from 8.
- Fireball mana cost has been reduced to 9% of base mana.
- Flame Orb now ignores critters.
- Frostfire Bolt mana cost has been reduced to 9% of base mana.
- Mage Armor now reduces the duration of magic effects by 35%, down from 50%.
- Molten Armor, Mage Armor, and Frost Armor no longer cost mana.
- Polymorph now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Ring of Frost: Radius shrunk to 8 yards, and inner “safe” radius is now 4.7 yards (exactly matching graphic). Dispelling the effect of Ring of Frost will now make the target immune to being refrozen for 3 seconds. If a second Ring of Frost is cast by the same mage while the first is still active (via Cold Snap), the first will now disappear and cease functioning. In addition, Ring of Frost now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- When a mage uses the Invisibility spell, it will now also cause their pet Water Elemental to become invisible.
- Slow now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Firestarter now allows the mage to cast Scorch while moving (regardless of which armor spell is used), and no longer eliminates Molten Armor’s critical strike chance reduction.
- Flashburn (Mastery) benefit per mastery has been increased by 12%.
- Living Bomb mana cost has been reduced by 22%.
- Deep Freeze damage done has been reduced by 20%.
- Fingers of Frost can no longer be dispelled and now also increases Ice Lance damage by 15%.
- Frost Specialization now only grants 2 base points of mastery (instead of 8), reducing all Frost damage to frozen targets by 15% from previous values. However, Frost Specialization now increases base Frostbolt damage by 15%.
Mage Bug Fixes
- Arcane Power now has its tooltip updated when Glyph of Arcane Power is active.
- The attachment point of Cone of Cold was too far left and has been adjusted on male troll models.
- Evocation was returning less mana than the tooltip stated it should. This has been corrected.
- Flame Orb’s tooltip should now state how much damage it will explode for after the Fire Power talent is chosen.
- Rank 1 Frostfire Orb is no longer applying a debuff that incorrectly states that it snares its target.
- Molten Armor tooltips now display the correct information.
- Nether Vortex was causing Arcane Blast to yield a string error when Arcane Blast was reflected. It shouldn’t do that.
- When Presence of Mind was active, Conjure Mana Gem was not becoming an instant cast spell if used to refresh a stack of 2 or less Mana Gems. This has been fixed.
- Presence of Mind is no longer consumed when Flame Orb is cast.
- Ring of Frost can now be cast and works properly on transports (this includes elevators, trapdoors, etc.).
- Glyph of Arcane Power should correctly reduce the global cooldown of Blink, Mana Shield, and Mirror Image to 0.
- Ice Barrier’s tooltip is now correctly updated by Glyph of Ice Barrier.
Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- The mana costs of Blessing of Might and Blessing of Kings have been increased by approximately 217%, making them roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- Crusader Strike weapon damage percent has been increased to 135%, up from 115%.
- Divine Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
- Divine Plea now lasts for 9 seconds, down from 15. It grants 4% mana per tick, instead of 2%, for a total of 12% mana, up from 10%.
- Flash of Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
- The duration has been lowered to 1 minute, down from 2.
- Lay on Hands now causes Forbearance on the target. It used to only cause it when cast on the paladin. This was an old design from when Divine Protection caused Forbearance and the paladin didn’t want to prevent a tank from using their defensive cooldown.
- Lay on Hands cannot be a critical effect and will not be affected by most abilities which modify healing (such as Beacon of Light). In addition, Lay on Hands is no longer on the global cooldown.
- Since only Divine Shield, Lay on Hands and Hand of Protection cause Forbearance, the tooltips have been adjusted to better explain the mechanic.
- Holy Light mana cost has been increased by approximately 10%.
- Holy Wrath no longer counts nearby critters when dividing damage among its targets.
- Inquisition is no longer dispellable.
- Rebuke can now be trained by all paladins at level 54. Existing characters will need to visit their trainer, even if they had talented Rebuke before.
- Seal of Truth: All single target attacks (including Judgement, Hammer of Wrath, Exorcism, and Templar’s Verdict) can now trigger this seal.
- Aura Mastery: This ability no longer increases the benefit granted by Crusader Aura.
- Denounce now has a spell overlay.
- Protector of the Innocent heals for 30% less.
- Eternal Glory: The chance to not consume Holy Power from this talent now also applies to not consuming the clearcasting effect generated by Divine Purpose.
- Vindication no longer allows Hammer of Justice to interrupt stun-immune targets. With Rebuke baseline, this functionality is no longer necessary.
- Act of Sacrifice will no longer cause Cleanse to remove movement impairing effects from vehicles the paladin is riding.
- Divine Purpose: The chance for applicable abilities to generate Holy Power has been reduced to 7/15%, down from 20/40%, but instead of generating 1 Holy Power, the next applicable ability used consumes no Holy Power and acts as if the paladin has 3 Holy Power.
- Divine Storm weapon damage percent increased from 80% to 100%.
- Hand of Light (Mastery): A percentage of the damage done by Templar’s Verdict, Crusader Strike, and Divine Storm is done as additional Holy damage. This Mastery now grants a 2.1% increase to Holy damage per mastery, down from 2.5%.
- Repentance is no longer broken from damage done by Censure (Seal of Truth).
- The Rebuke talent has been replaced with a new passive talent, Sacred Shield. Paladins who had Rebuke before will automatically have Sacred Shield. Sacred When reduced below 30% health, paladins gain the Sacred Shield effect. The Sacred Shield absorbs X damage and increases healing received by 20%. Lasts 15 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 30 seconds. Undispellable.
- Seals of Command will no longer trigger twice on each swing with Seal of Truth.
- Zealotry is no longer dispellable.
- Glyph of Divine Plea now adds 6% mana, for a total of 18% over 9 seconds.
Paladin Bug Fixes
- The Silence debuff from Avenger’s Shield was using the Dazed visual effect, and its Daze debuff did not have a visible effect. This has been remedied.
- The damage bonus from Communion is no longer applied even when the paladin has no paladin auras active.
- Divine Storm no longer incorrectly highlights when Hand of Light procs.
- Exorcism automatically re-targets whomever it does damage to when it finishes casting.
- The healing amount in the buff tooltip for Holy Radiance is now accurate.
- Pursuit of Justice is now providing Holy Power when the paladin gets stunned by the Fire mage talent Impact. Conversely, Pursuit of Justice is no longer granting Holy Power when the Paladin is hit by Holy Wrath.
- Repentance tooltip now states that it does not break Censure damage.
- Rank 1 of Shield of the Templar was reducing the cooldown of Guardian of Ancient Kings by 45 seconds, which is inconsistent with the scaling of ranks 2 and 3. This has been adjusted.
- The tooltip for Tower of Radiance indicated that Holy Light would generate a charge of Holy Power. This has been fixed.
- Word of Glory no longer resets the swing timer.
- The damage-over-time effect of Exorcism added by Glyph of Exorcism is now correctly affected by Exorcism’s damage.
- The tooltip for Holy Wrath is now updated to reflect changes when Glyph of Holy Wrath is active.
- The Glyph of Light of Dawn is now updating the tooltip for Light of Dawn.
- The Glyph of Seal of Insight now requires level 32 to be consistent with when Seal of Insight can be learned from the trainer.
- The Glyph of Templar’s Verdict is now updating the tooltip of Templar’s Verdict.
Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- The duration of Levitate has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 2.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Fortitude has been reduced by approximately 68%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%.
- The mana cost of Renew has been reduced by 24%.
- The mana cost of Shadow Protection has been reduced by approximately 65%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.
- Mind Blast now does 18% more damage than Mind Spike.
- Mind Control now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear’s damage has been increased by roughly 15%.
- Prayer of Healing effectiveness has been reduced by 15%.
- Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect.
- Focused Will now procs when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Grace is no longer limited to one target at a time.
- Pain Suppression is no longer dispellable.
- Penance mana cost has been increased by 7%, but healing has been increased by 20%.
- Strength of Soul now occurs when the priest casts Inner Focus on oneself, rather than Power Word: Shield. In addition, Strength of Soul now also causes the priest to become immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds after using Inner Focus.
- Blessed Resilience will now proc when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.
- Chakra states now last 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
- Binding Heal and Holy Word: Serenity now refresh the duration of Renew on the target, in addition to the other direct heals.
- Binding Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal can now trigger Chakra: Serenity.
- Mind Spike can now trigger Chakra: Chastise.
- Circle of Healing effectiveness has been increased by 30%.
- Desperate Prayer now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value.
- Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.
- Holy Concentration now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%.
- Holy Word: Chastise now has a 30-second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage.
- Lightwell’s health has been increased by 50% (for PvP purposes).
- Serendipity now has Spell Alert and Floating Combat Text feedback support.
- Surge of Light can now also proc from Flash Heal and Greater Heal, and can now also critically hit.
- Shadow Orbs benefit from mastery has been increased by approximately 16%.
- Vampiric Embrace now lasts until canceled.
- Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.
- Glyph of Pain Suppression has been renamed Glyph of Desperation and now allows Guardian Spirit to be cast while stunned, in addition to Pain Suppression.
- Glyph of Psychic Horror now reduces the cooldown of Psychic Horror by 30 seconds, down from 60.
- Glyph of Spirit of Redemption has been converted into Glyph of Prayer of Mending, which increases the healing done by the first charge of Prayer of Mending by 60%.
Priest Bug Fixes
- Atonement now has the correct healing range listed in the tooltip.
- Blessed Resilience rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of increased healing.
- Dispersion should no longer allow priests to become permanently invisible when mounting.
- Dispersion correctly reduces the damage dealt by Deep Wounds and Piercing Shots.
- Focused Will rank 1 and 2 tooltips are now consistent with the amount of damage reduced.
- Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal, and Binding Heal effects are now consistent with their tooltips.
- Holy Concentration now has correct percentages listed in the tooltip.
- Holy Word: Serenity now correctly grants healing spells cast by the priest an extra 25% chance to critically hit.
- Inner Fire no longer consumes mana after learning Inner Sanctum.
- Inner Will now correctly reduces the mana cost of Power Word: Barrier.
- Lightwell healing now matches its tooltip description.
- Undead and blood elf priests are no longer gaining aggro from friendly guards when casting Mind Control on enemy NPCs.
- Unnecessary string errors should no longer occur when casting Power Word: Barrier.
- Prayer of Mending will now properly return an error when cast on a target with a more powerful Prayer of Mending active.
- Rapture’s tooltip now has the correct percentages listed.
- Shadow Orbs‘ tooltip showed a 0% increase in damage and did not give an increase of damage until additional mastery rating was added. This has been corrected.
- Sin and Punishment will no longer fear players that are not flagged for PvP.
- Surge of Light is no longer consumed without benefit if it triggers while a Flash Heal is being cast.
- Critical heals from Glyph of Dispel Magic properly proc Divine Aegis.
Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Blind now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Combat Readiness now lasts for 20 seconds, down from 30 seconds, but the Combat Insight stacking buff lasts 10 seconds, up from 6 seconds.
- Crippling Poison now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Garrote now costs 45 Energy, down from 50.
- Sap now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Smoke Bomb now lasts for 5 seconds, down from 10 seconds.
- Stealth is no longer broken by enemies using Demoralizing Shout or Demoralizing Roar.
- Deadly Momentum critical strike bonus now lasts for 15 seconds, up from 10.
- Blade Flurry is now a toggle that can be turned off by pressing the button again. In addition, this ability no longer has a fixed duration, but will go on cooldown for 10 seconds after being canceled (similar to Stealth). In addition, Blade Flurry now reduces energy generation by 30% while active, up from 20%.
- Main Gauche (Mastery) now provides a chance to deal an attack for 100% of main-hand damage. This attack can trigger Combat Potency.
- Restless Blades now also reduces the cooldown of Redirect.
- Revealing Strike now increases finisher effectiveness by 35% (45% glyphed), up from 20% (30% glyphed).
- Vitality now increases attack power by 25%, up from 20%.
- Elusiveness now reduces the cooldown of Cloak of Shadows by 10/20 seconds, down from 15/30 seconds.
- Executioner (Mastery) has been increased from 2% to 2.5% per point.
- Find Weakness now grants 35/70% armor reduction, up from 25/50%.
- Preparation no longer resets the cooldown of Evasion.
- Sanguinary Vein now gives a rogue a 50/100% chance for their own Bleed effects to not break their Gouge.
- Shadowstep’s cooldown has been increased to 24 seconds, up from 20 seconds.
- Sinister Calling now grants 30% Agility, up from 25%, and increases Backstab and Hemorrhage damage by an additional 40%, up from 25%.
- Glyph of Garrote now increases the duration of Garrote by 1.5 seconds, down from 2.
Rogue Bug Fixes
- Cloak of Shadows now functions properly to protect the rogue from the following boss and creature abilities: Gravity Well (Terrastra, The Bastion of Twilight), Burning Corruption (Crimsonborne Seer, Grim Batol), Lava Fissure (Slabhide, The Stonecore), Geyser (Lady Naz’jar, Throne of the Tides), Noxious Mire (Naz’jar Sentinel, Throne of the Tides).
- Cheat Death was activating by a warlock’s Chaos Bolt but not working. Chaos Bolt will still trigger Cheat Death, but will not kill the rogue.
- Eviscerate was showing reduced energy cost at low levels, even though the cost should remain 35 energy. This has been corrected.
- Feint now correctly reduces Quake damage from Rom’ogg Bonecrusher (Blackrock Caverns).
- The Honor Among Thieves buff icon is now correctly displayed for the rogue, and not just for the rogue’s party members.
- Ruthlessness has the correct chance to proc when Envenom is used.
- Blade Flurry’s tooltip is now correctly augmented by Glyph of Blade Flurry.
- The Hemorrhage tooltip is now correctly updated to reflect the bleed effect when Glyph of Hemorrhage is applied.
- The Preparation tooltip is now augmented by Glyph of Preparation.
Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Chain Heal’s effectiveness has been increased by approximately 10%.
- Flametongue Weapon procs now deal roughly 20% less damage.
- Healing Rain now has a 40-yard range, up from 30, to be consistent with other shaman heals.
- Hex now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Purge now dispels a single effect instead of two.
- Spiritwalker’s Grace duration has been increased to 15 seconds, up from 10.
- Tremor Totem has been redesigned. The totem is now usable under Fear, Charm, or Sleep effects, and pulses much more rapidly, but lasts 6 seconds and has a 1-minute cooldown.
- The Windfury Weapon proc can now trigger 3 additional attacks, up from 2.
- Earthquake damage has been increased by approximately 10%.
- Elemental Overload (Mastery) procs of Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning can now generate Rolling Thunder charges.
- Lava Burst’s damage has been increased by roughly 10%.
- Flametongue Weapon damage now scales from attack power instead of spell power (for Enhancement shaman only).
- Purge no longer has its mana cost reduced by Mental Quickness.
- Cleansing Waters no longer fires its heal effect twice when a shaman removes a Magic and a Curse debuff with a single cast.
- Deep Healing (Mastery) has been increased to 3% per point, up from 2.5%.
- Earth Shield can no longer be dispelled.
- Greater Healing Wave mana cost has been increased by 10%; healing done has been increased by 20%.
- Mana Tide Totem has been redesigned. The totem no longer multiplies the Spirit of those affected by it. It instead gives a flat amount of Spirit equal to 400% of the casting shaman’s Spirit, exclusive of short-term Spirit buffs affecting the shaman when the totem is dropped. In addition, its effects are now raid-wide.
- Glyph of Hex now reduces the cooldown by 10 seconds, down from 15.
Shaman Bug Fixes
- Ancestral Resolve correctly reduces the damage done by Chaos Bolt.
- Earthquake’s mana cost is now correctly reduced by Elemental Focus‘ clearcasting proc.
- Elemental Oath properly increases the damage of Earthquake.
- Player movement speed cannot be reduced below 100% while in Ghost Wolf if the player is or has been in an indoor environment.
- Healing Rain shouldn’t fail to complete casting if a low-level player or NPC is within its targeted location.
- Reincarnation can now correctly be used after Soulstone Resurrection or Rebirth has already been used on the shaman during a boss encounter.
- The tooltip for Elemental Mastery now updates after applying the Glyph of Elemental Mastery.
- The spell buff icon for Ghost Wolf now updates when Glyph of Ghost Wolf is applied.
- The spell tooltip for Grounding Totem now updates when Glyph of Grounding Totem is applied.
- The tooltip for Healing Stream Totem now updates to reflect the additional benefit of 25 spell resistance granted by Glyph of Healing Stream Totem.
- The spell tooltip for Healing Wave now updates when Glyph of Healing Wave is applied.
Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Curse of Exhaustion now reduces movement speed by 30%, down from 50%. Its range has been increased to 40 yards, up from 30.
- Demon Armor and Fel Armor no longer cost mana and last until canceled.
- Devour (Felhunter) cooldown has been increased to 20 seconds, up from 8. Devour is no longer able to be auto-cast.
- Drain Mana has been removed from the game.
- Fear now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Fel Armor has been redesigned. It now surrounds the caster with fel energy, increasing spell power and causing the warlock to be healed for 3% of any single-target spell damage he or she deals.
- Seduction (Succubus) now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Soul Swap can no longer be dispelled (the aura given to the warlock between swapping).
- Unstable Affliction’s silence effect has been reduced to 4 seconds, down from 5.
- Demonic Aegis now increases the healing effect of Fel Armor by 50/100%.
- Demonic Rebirth now highlights summoning spells when active.
- Demon Soul: Imp redesigned. It now increases the critical strike chance of all non instant cast Destruction spells by 30%, rather than increasing critical strike damage. Duration reduced to 20 seconds.
- Felstorm (Felguard) damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Immolation Aura damage has been reduced by roughly 30%.
- Inferno no longer increases the radius of Hellfire, but instead increases the duration of Immolate by 6 seconds in addition to its existing effect.
- Master Demonologist (Mastery) benefit from mastery increased by approximately 33%.
- Burning Embers damage has been reduced by 15%.
- Fiery Apocalypse (Mastery) benefit from mastery increased by approximately 8%.
- Improved Soul Fire now increases Fire and Shadow damage done by 4/8%, rather than 7/15% spell haste. In addition, this talent has been moved to tier-3 Destruction, switching places with Aftermath.
- Shadow and Flame can now proc from Incinerate in addition to Shadow Bolt.
Warlock Bug Fixes
- Rank 2 of Backdraft should no longer have charges consumed when casting Immolate.
- The spell animation for Demon Circle: Summon no longer persists through death.
- Demon Leap should no longer cause players to pass through the environment at the entrance/exit of Orgrimmar.
- Drain Life cast when under the effects of Soulburn no longer has higher damage than the normal version of Drain Life.
- Empowered Imp can no longer proc if the warlock does not have the talent.
- Hellfire will not proc the Muradin’s Spyglass buff without hitting an enemy target.
- Warlocks with the Jinx talent who have an active Curse of the Elements on a target should no longer be interrupted while eating or drinking.
- Nether Protection should now proc properly from all associated abilities.
- Rain of Fire now remains at the same location it was cast at while on a moving transport.
- Ritual of Summoning should no longer yield graphical issues with the created portal.
- Casting Soulburn during the global cooldown of a Soulburn ability, and while under the effects of another self-buff, was sometimes causing Soulburn abilities to be non-functional. This has been corrected.
- The UI fly-out for a warlocks‘ summoning spells now updates in real time based on the warlock’s available mana.
- The tooltip for the armor value in the Character pane should now be showing the correct amount of armor granted to pets.
- Glyph of Voidwalker’s tooltip has been updated to the new pet scaling system.
Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Skills/Talents)
- Charge now shares diminishing returns with stun effects.
- Cleave damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Hamstring now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.
- Heroic Strike damage has been reduced by 20%.
- Inner Rage has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown on Heroic Strike and Cleave by 50% (to 1.5 second) for the next 15 seconds. 1-minute cooldown. It still cannot be used during Deadly Calm. This ability was originally designed to help warriors with rage capping, but the Heroic Strike and rage normalization changes seem to have solved that problem on their own. This new design will still allow warriors to burn off excess rage faster, at their discretion.
- Recklessness now increases special critical strike chance by 50%, down from 100%, but lasts the full 12 seconds instead of allowing only 3 charges.
- Slam weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased from 125% to 145%.
- Drums of War no longer lowers the rage cost of Piercing Howl.
- Juggernaut no longer increases the cooldown on Charge, but instead increases the duration of the Charge stun by 2 seconds. In addition, Charge is usable in all stances, however, the talent now causes Charge and Intercept to share a cooldown.
- Lambs to the Slaughter: Instead of granting 10/20/30% damage to the next Mortal Strike, Overpower, or Execute, it now grants a 10% buff to any Mortal Strike, Overpower, Slam, or Execute that stacks 1/2/3 times.
- Mortal Strike cost has been reduced by 5 rage.
- War Academy no longer buffs Heroic Strike or Cleave. It now buffs Mortal Strike, Raging Blow, Devastate, Victory Rush and Slam.
- In addition to its current effects, Bloodsurge now also causes the next Slam to deal 20% more damage.
- Bloodthirst damage has been increased by approximately 30%.
- Raging Blow weapon damage percent (at level 80+) has been increased from 110% to 120%.
- Single-Minded Fury bonus has been increased to 20%, up from 15%.
- Unshackled Fury (Mastery) now grants 5.6% benefit per mastery point, up from 4.7%.
- Charge’s stun continues to not trigger diminishing returns for Protection warriors who have the Warbringer talent.
- Glyph of Rapid Charge has been changed from a 7% reduction to Charge’s cooldown, to 1 second off of the cooldown. This change is primarily to clarify the exact cooldown reduction this glyph provides.
Warrior Bug Fixes
- Warrior abilities which were incorrectly assigned the sound effect for Mangle have been updated.
- Battle Shout’s buff tooltip should not show incorrect values when the recipient is higher level than the warrior.
- Heroic Leap and Thunder Clap no longer incorrectly scale damage with both Strength and Agility.
- Forceful Deflection passive aura is now properly applying to warriors beginning at level 1.
- The Victorious buff can no longer proc before the warrior learns Victory Rush.
- The wording in the tooltip for Vigilance was inconsistent with other abilities and has been updated.
Dungeons & Raids
- Level-85 players can now choose any normal dungeon via the Dungeon Finder. Choosing Random Dungeon will still not add Blackrock Caverns or Throne of the Tides into the rotation.
- Level-85 dungeon bosses in Lost City of the Tol’vir, Grim Batol, and Halls of Origination now drop 30 Justice Points each when killed.
- The daily Random Dungeon reward on normal difficulty has been increased to 140 Justice Points, up from 70.
- Players no longer need to discover Cataclysm dungeon entrances in order to access them via the Dungeon Finder.
- Beauty now spawns with only two pups in Heroic difficulty. Not to worry though, the missing pup has been adopted by a wonderful, if not insane family.
- The Dwarven Golem Council will now go berserk after 10 minutes in Heroic difficulty.
- Atramedes will now go berserk after 10 minutes in Heroic difficulty.
- Foe Reaper 5000
- Foe Reaper 5000’s health has been reduced slightly. In addition, he now enrages at 40%, up from 30%.
- When enraged, Molten Slag spawn 33% faster.
- The ship teleporter now activates when Ripsnarl is first engaged, rather than when he is defeated.
- Vanessa VanCleef
- While in Helix’s Nightmare during the Vanessa VanCleef encounter, Helix is now larger and a little easier to see.
- The final rope swing while fighting Vanessa VanCleef has been removed. Players no longer need to swing off of the boat at the end of phase 3.
- Some boat fires will now go out when Vanessa VanCleef is defeated, making it easier to get back onto the ship from the cavern entrance.
- Vengeance of VanCleef has been redesigned. It is now a stacking buff that increases damage dealt, size, and attack speed, and stacks up to 40 times. Vanessa will begin casting this as soon as she jumps back onto the boat after detonating charges.
- Faceless Corruptors now move 10% more slowly.
- Players may still use spell and abilities while afflicted by Forgemaster Throngus’s Impaling Slam.
- Valiona’s Devouring Flame damage has been reduced by 20%.
Halls of Origination
- The duration of the Flame Wardens‘ Raging Inferno has been reduced by 80%.
- Anraphet’s Nemesis Strike now does 75% of weapon damage, up from 50%. In addition, the damage-over-time effect applied by this ability does 15,000 damage every 2 seconds, up from 9,000.
- Earthrager Ptah’s Flame Bolt now deals more damage per second on Heroic difficulty.
- Setesh seeks a portal every 25 seconds, up from 20.
Lost City of the Tol’vir
- Lockmaw no longer tolerates fighting in his treasure room.
- Baron Ashbury
- Sadly, in his hubris he has forgotten how to Mend Rotten Flesh.
- Lord Godfrey
- He should now face a random target when casting Pistol Barrage.
- Lord Walden
- Conjure Poisonous Mixture now deals more initial damage.
- Frost Mixture is now area-of-effect damage.
- Toxic Catalyst now deals less damage over time.
- Stonecore Earthshapers‘ Dust Storm does slightly less damage.
- The warning time for Thrashing Charge has been increased by 1 second. In addition, Thrashing Charge now happens 4 times, down from 5.
- The visual for Rock Borers spawning during the submersion phase is now different from the Thrashing Charge visual.
- High Priestess Azil
- She grew! She’s now 175% the size of a human, up from 125%.
- Gravity Wells should kill Devout Followers more quickly.
- The cast time of Force Grip is now 1.5 seconds, up from 1.
- The size of the warning visual for Seismic Shard has been increased to more accurately reflect the area it affects.
- The ground phase lasts longer and has fewer stalactites.
- He now does more melee damage.
- There is now a precast visual on the ground to make it clear how far away a player must get to be clear of Shatter.
- The cast time of Shatter has been increased to 3 seconds, up from 2.5.
- Shatter damage is now reduced by armor, but has been increased by 33.3% (repeating, of course) as a result.
Throne of the Tides
- Commander Ulthok now does more melee damage.
- The damage done by Lady Naz’jatar’s Shock Blast and Naz’jar Tempest Witch Chain Lightning has been reduced.
- Gilgoblin Poisoned Spear impact damage has been reduced slightly.
- Tainted Sentries Swell damage has been reduced.
- The damage of Blight of Ozumat has been reduced by 25% per stack.
The Vortex Pinnacle
- Desperate Speed cast by Temple Adepts has had its duration reduced significantly.
- The visual effects in this encounter have been adjusted to make the wind direction easier to read.
- Cyclones now knock players straight up, and players hit by a cyclone cannot be hit again for a few seconds.
- Skyfall Stars are now summoned to help him defeat players.
- Static Cling has had its cast time increased to 1.25 seconds, up from 1.
- Grand Vizier Ertan
- His health has been reduced slightly.
- He now knocks away players standing too close to him when he retracts his Cyclone Shield, which now inflicts Nature damage if it touches players.
Dungeon & Raid Bug Fixes
- Many dungeon maps with display issues or missing sections have been updated.
- Several bosses and creatures were awarding no, or too little, reputation when killed. Conversely, some creatures were awarding too much reputation, or should not have been awarding reputation at all. These inconsistencies have been corrected.
- Error messages for characters unable to enter a Heroic raid dungeon should be more clear.
- Players level 83 and higher should be able to correctly queue for holiday dungeon bosses.
- Players above level 80 can no longer queue for Wrath of the Lich King Heroic dungeons.
- Level 68-79 Wrath of the Lich King dungeons again award reputation.
- If a spell is cast which provides items for players (i.e. Soulwell), members of the party or raid should still be able to access the items after the caster leaves the dungeon.
- The minimum level requirements for many level 1-60 dungeons were too high and have been appropriately adjusted.
- If one of the bug trio bosses is tamed, the encounter can again be completed normally.
- Players in the raid dungeon will correctly be given a 15-minute warning before Tol Barad will be in contention again.
The Bastion of Twilight
- There should no longer be a significant performance drop when entering the Bastion Antechamber.
- Several items dropping in the Heroic version of Bastion of Twilight which did not have the Heroic tag in their tooltip have been updated.
- Cho’gall should no longer look awkward when he is Distracted while sitting on the Throne of the Apocalypse.
- The voice-over text now matches the voice-over for Cho’Gall’s speeches.
- Cho’gall shouldn’t Evade and despawn if pulled too close to the door at the entrance to the Throne of the Apocalypse.
- Cho’gall shouldn’t despawn if tanked close to his door when he gains Twisted Devotion.
- If a Fire Elemental is spawned while Cho’gall is standing on the hidden elevator, they will no longer spawn in the wrong location for the remainder of the encounter.
- The overhead arrow spell animation caused by Valiona’s Twilight Meteorite ability shouldn’t clip into the affected character while animating.
- The corpses of Valiona and Theralion will adhere to the laws of gravity and fall to the ground if killed during phase transitions.
- The Cache of the Broodmother (from Sinestra) will no longer despawn if dungeon difficulty is changed in the interface.
- Static Overload used in the Twilight Ascendant Council encounter no longer deals full damage to pets.
- Sa’at again has a dialog option for players to obtain a Chrono-Beacon, even if they have not completed the quest chain that begins with the quest „The Caverns of Time.“
- Karsh Steelbender’s targeting reticule no longer changes size when he catches fire.
- Raz the Crazed no longer returns to his Shadow Prison if Blackrock Caverns is reset, which was preventing players from finishing the dungeon.
- Players shouldn’t experience a move enforcement error or be pushed under the world if they are standing near lava when affected by Chains of Woe during the Rom’ogg Bonecrusher encounter.
- Twilight Obsidian Borers in Blackrock Caverns resume channeling of Bore after being under the effects of a rogue’s Sap.
- Ancient Dwarven Shields used while Atramedes is entering or exiting his air phase should correctly be destroyed.
- There is no longer a dead zone void of Sonic Pulses on the Heroic version of the Atramedes encounter.
- Arcanotron can no longer be pulled further than intended via a death knight’s Death Grip.
- Lightning Shield shouldn’t trigger the shields of all Omnotron Council bosses.
- Clicking the character name displayed in the raid warning for Lightning Conductor during the Omnotron Defense System encounter no longer brings up the tooltip for the spell Lightning Conductor.
- Maloriak’s Magma Jets correctly have a cast time.
- The effect of Maloriak’s spell Consuming Flames should no longer be inconsistent with its combat log tooltip.
- Maloriak will no longer interrupt himself when speaking during transition phases.
- The voice-over text now matches the voice-over for Lord Victor Nefarius‘ post-Maloriak kill speech.
- Corpses of Animated Bone Warriors no longer float above the lava during phase 2 of the Nefarian’s End encounter.
- Nefarions voice-overs should always be audible when standing in the Vault of the Shadowflame.
- Chimaeron shouldn’t enter phase 2 prematurely.
- Chimaeron thought he had 3 heads, resulting in 3 separate sleeping animations. He now knows he only has 2 heads.
- The gate at the entrance of Blackwing Lair correctly opens after Chromaggus is tamed as a pet.
Caverns of Time
- Human Illusion: This effect is no longer applied to worgen.
- Admiral Ripsnarl can no longer be pulled off the top of his ship without resetting the encounter on Heroic difficulty.
- Defeating Captain Cookie should no longer despawn his cooking pot or leave his corpse floating in mid-air.
- Foe Reaper 5000 should no longer arbitrarily reset the encounter.
- The achievement criteria for Prototype Prodigy correctly resets after a wipe.
- It is no longer possible to avoid detonated charges without leaving the boat during the Vanessa VanCleef encounter.
- The buff aura applied with random internal information in the tooltip when players access the ropes during the Vanessa VanCleef encounter has been amended.
- The Twilight Beguiler’s ability Deceitful Blast no longer ignores line of sight.
- It is no longer possible for Forgemaster Throngus to not choose a static direction to channel Flaming Shield.
Halls of Origination
- Spatial Anomaly now drops loot.
- Multiple Heroic items dropping in the Halls of Origination had level requirements that were too low and have been updated.
- Players should correctly receive the achievement Faster Than the Speed of Light if they die prior to the party meeting the criteria.
- Setesh’s Chaos Burn void zones should now be viewable by players with projected textures disabled.
- The Setesh encounter will now fully reset properly, even if his minions are more than 300 yards from him when he resets.
- Curse of the Runecaster debuff now deals damage as its tooltip states it will.
- The Sun-Touched Spritelings and Sprites will no longer retain the Pyrogenics buffs after death.
- Sun-Touched Servants and Sprites will no longer die without spawning creatures if they are stunned right after they cast Disperse.
- The Celestial Familiars summoned during the Isiset encounter are no longer classified as humanoids.
- Kinetic Bombs used during the Blood Prince Council fight will no longer behave oddly if they spawn near the door at the entrance to the room.
Lost City of the Tol’vir
- Characters hit with General Husam’s Hard Impact ability should now always slide down the pillar they are flung into.
- Lockmaw shouldn’t Evade and despawn if pulled onto the steps directly behind his starting location.
- Several line-of-sight issues have been corrected around the Sanctum of the South Wind.
- The courtyards in the Library, Armory and Cathedral wings should no longer have portal errors.
- The door leading out of Talon King Ikiss’s room should always properly open.
- Fixed a bug that made Ozruk’s Shatter knockback component 10-yard range while the damage had a 15-yard range. Both are 15 yards now.
- Earthwarden Yrsa has been reminded she’s a dwarf and now speaks like one (instead of using a draenei voice).
- Crystal Shards spawned by the Crystalspawn Giant should now immediately despawn after a wipe.
- The particle effects used when Corborus submerges below the ground should no longer cause performance issues.
- Players shouldn’t receive a random error during the High Priestess Azil encounter.
- High Priestess Azil shouldn’t be able to Force Grip players through the altar.
- Killing a Stonecore Earthshaper that transforms into a Force of Earth now correctly awards loot.
- Archmage Angela Dosantos’s portal at the end of the dungeon should no longer suffer from functionality issues.
- Willey Hopebreaker no longer plays extraneous „I’m dying“ sound variations simultaneously when a Scarlet Cannon is fired.
Throne of the Four Winds
- A client assertion issue which could occur during the Al’Akir encounter has been corrected.
- Ravenous Creepers should now all despawn if the raid wipes while they’re spawning.
Throne of the Tides
- Players can no longer bypass the tentacle knockback area by being super sneaky with their abilities.
- Ozumat’s Blight of Ozumat can be partially resisted, but can no longer miss players.
- Al’Akir’s Electrocute can no longer be interrupted by Spell Reflection.
- Lady Naz’jar’s Geyser should no longer potentially knock players outside the boss room above the geometry of the dungeon.
- Commander Ulthok’s Dark Fissure effect should now display correctly when projected textures are disabled.
The Vortex Pinnacle
- Players who enter the dungeon through the instance portal are now given a means to exit after defeating Asaad.
- Cyclone used by Wild Vortex should no longer be removing some aura abilities.
- Minister of Air’s Lightning Lash is now properly cast even if a player is not in line of sight.
- Skyfall Star now leashes and no longer keep players in combat throughout the dungeon if engaged and not killed.
- The guild reward Armadillo Pup now requires revered faction instead of exalted.
- All guild banners now reward bonus reputation in addition to honor and experience.
- Guild bank vouchers that players unlock as guild rewards now correctly state that they can only be used by Guild Leaders.
- Once a guild hits level 23, the daily cap on experience gained is removed.
- Additional animations have been added to the Armadillo Pet guild reward.
- The guild faction requirement on the Guild Herald has been lowered to Revered reputation.
- We have redefined the definition of a Guild Group for 5-player dungeons.
- If 3 out of 5 players in a group are members of the same guild, they will now be able to complete guild achievements and earn guild experience at 50% of the normal rate.
- If 4 out of 5 players in a group are members of the same guild, they will now be able to complete guild achievements and earn guild experience at 100% of the normal rate.
- If 5 out of 5 players in a group are members of the same guild, they will now be able to complete guild achievements and earn guild experience at 125% of the normal rate.
- Also note that Heroic dungeons offer a 1.5x multiplier on all guild experience earned.
- Bell of Enraging Resonance can now trigger from any damage spell instead of only critical strikes.
- Daybreaker Helm stats have been reallocated, lowering Strength and increasing parry rating.
- The Fury of Angerforge internal cooldown has been drastically reduced so this trinket will build up charges much faster.
- The Honor Commodities and Justice Commodities Vendors now sell raw tradeskill materials. These are not intended to be a cost-effective source of these materials, but an option for players with lots of Justice or Honor Points who have already purchased all of the gear that interests them.
- The cooldown on the Horde Battle Standard has been adjusted to 10 minutes to be consistent with the Alliance version.
- Left Eye of Rajh: Chance of triggering increased.
- Lich King trinkets with bonus armor values have been adjusted using the new Cataclysm formula, reducing their armor values substantially.
- Mandala of Stirring Patterns now grants Intellect instead of Mastery.
- Normal PvE helms (item level 359) no longer have a chance to drop from Nefarian or Cho’gall on Heroic difficulty. Instead, the Heroic PvE helm and shoulder pieces (item level 372) only require their associated Crown/Shoulders of the Forlorn tokens to purchase, and do not require players to obtain the normal helms or shoulders first.
- The PvE hunter 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the cast time of Steady Shot and Cobra Shot by .2 seconds.
- The PvE warlock 4-piece set bonus (Fel Spark) now increases the damage done by the next 2 Fel Flame spells by 300%, rather than increasing the critical effect chance of one by 100%.
- All PvP 4-piece bonuses have had their flat stat values cut in half. Primary stats are very powerful in Cataclysm, so much so that players were considering using PvP gear in PvE just because of these primary stat bonuses.
- The PvP Balance druid 4-piece set bonus effect has been increased to 20 Solar Energy and 13 Lunar Energy, up from 5 and 13. The effect will also now be more intelligent at choosing whether to give the druid Lunar or Solar Energy (it checks the Balance Power to determine which to give depending on which energy is higher at the time).
- The PvP priest 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. When Power Word: Shield is cast on the priest, movement speed reduction effects are temporally suppressed for 4 seconds.
- The PvP warlock 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces the cooldown of Death Coil by 30 seconds.
- The PvP warrior 4-piece set bonus has been redesigned. It now reduces disarm duration by 60% (does not stack with any Weapon Chains).
- PvP enchants are properly valued and attached to Honor Quartermasters and Tol Barad/Baradin Hold Quartermasters.
- PvP trinkets will now clear disarm and silence effects.
- Right Eye of Rajh: Chance of triggering increased.
- Weapon Chains now reduce disarm duration by 60%, up from 50%.
Item Bug Fixes
- Several items obtained during the 1-60 leveling experience had incorrect level requirements (particularly dungeon items) and have been corrected. This includes multiple plate armor pieces which had level requirements below level 40.
- Many items with inconsistent stats (including Intellect on hunter items) or stat values have been updated. This includes items which were lacking a vendor sell price.
- Many items or item set bonuses which referenced stats or abilities that no longer exist have been updated.
- Several item procs and set bonuses were not functioning as stated and have been corrected.
- Some Cataclysm trinket procs or activation graphics shared effects with common player spells and have been updated.
- Items specific to Dragonmaw Clan and Wildhammer Clan reputation now translate properly after a Paid Faction Change.
- The new high-level reputation tabards are no longer using the Ramhaken tabard art.
- The Disgusting Oozeling no longer applies a debuff which reduces defense, a deprecated stat.
- Shirts no longer add to the average item level used to determine eligibility for Heroic dungeons.
- The Golden King mount will now properly translate to the Annihilator mount if a player initiates a Paid Faction Change.
- Clicking the Reforge button multiple times before the reforge is complete should not cause players to be charged for each click.
Dungeon & Raid Item Fixes
- Several dungeon items have been updated so that the appropriate classes can roll Need.
- The Crossfire Carbine (The Bastion of Twilight) no longer incorrectly has the Heroic tag.
- Normal and Heroic versions of Willowy Crown (Blackrock Caverns) have updated icon, texture, and model art.
- Using Corrupted Egg Shell (Grim Batol) on a player who is eating or drinking shouldn’t interrupt them. In addition, the Egg shell buff will now be removed when the Corrupted Egg Shell trinket is unequipped after being used on a party member.
- The Forge Ember (Halls of Stone) can no longer proc from non-healing/damaging spells.
- The socket colors for the normal and Heroic versions of Blood-Soaked Saronite Stompers (Icecrown Citadel) were inconsistent and have been updated.
- Oggleflint’s Inspirer (Ragefire Chasm) now binds when picked up.
Profession & Enhancement Item Fixes
- Arcanum of Burning Mysteries is now consistent with its healing counterpart, Arcanum of Blissful Mending.
- Enchant Cloak – Dodge can no longer be cast on capes below the character level 35 requirement.
- Enchant 2H Weapon – Mighty Agility required Runed Elementium Rod, which is learned at a higher skill level. This has been addressed.
- Flask of Oil is now obtainable to craft Goblin Jumper Cables and Gnomish Universal Remote from using Engineering to mine Harvest Reapers.
- Frost Oil should now correctly proc as intended.
- Guardian Stones correctly drop from Stone Guardians.
- Goblin engineers can now learn the schematic for the Mechano-Hog.
- Worgen engineers can now learn the schematic for the Mekgineer’s Chopper.
- The Mighty Alchemist’s Stone and Indestructible Alchemist’s Stone are properly able to be reforged.
- Mixology now correctly provides the duration increase to Elixir of Camouflage.
- The Origami Rock, Origami Slime, and Scroll of Protection IX can correctly be placed into inscription bags.
- Parachute Cloak can no longer be used when the character is already on the ground.
- Runescroll of Fortitude II was applying Fortitude, which only provides 165 Stamina instead of the 468 Stamina listed in the tooltip. This is fixed.
- Scroll of Intellect VI is now available to train from Inscription trainers.
- Spider’s Silk was too difficult to obtain and should now drop more frequently.
PvP Item Fixes
- Horde and Alliance Battle Standards now have consistent cooldowns.
- Firelord’s Draught can only be used in Battlegrounds, as advertised, and no longer incorrectly increases spell power instead of Intellect if that is the highest stat.
- Cataclysm Gladiator relic tooltips no longer states they can be used by priests.
- Merciless Gladiator’s Spellblade had inconsistent damage with the rest of the set and has been updated.
- Vicious Gladiator’s fist weapons should not be using placeholder art.
Item Display Fixes
- Enchant and weapon trail animations and effects should now be properly displaying on many items which were not correctly displaying them previously.
- Many item and armor display issues which affected select races have been corrected.
- Many tooltips have been updated to reflect any changes made via recent hotfixes.
- Several flying mount tooltips have been updated so they no longer say these mounts can be summoned in Outland and Northrend only.
- Several typos found in various item tooltips have been corrected.
- Find Herbs, Fish, and Minerals are no longer canceled upon entering an Arena or rated Battleground.
- A socket has been added to most crafted epic armor pieces that did not already have one.
- Alchemist’s Stones for Agility, Strength, and Intellect have been added.
- The number of herbs required to create flasks has been reduced, while the Volatile Life needed has been increased slightly.
- The drops from Tiny Treasure Chests have been improved slightly.
- Archaeology fragments now have a hard cap of 200 per race. Players will not be able to collect additional fragments until they complete artifacts to take them down below 200 fragments. Players with more than 200 fragments will not lose additional fragments in 4.0.6, but in a future patch we may remove any fragments above 200.
- Archaeology finds now grant a guaranteed skill point up to 50 skill, and then no longer grant skill gains, as opposed to granting up to 100 skill very slowly.
- The sell value of all common artifacts has been doubled, while a small subset of common artifacts have had their sell value increased far beyond that.
- Multiple spawn locations now exist for the Confectioner’s Sugar (daily quest item) in Stormwind.
- Three new bracer enchants are available. They increase Agility by 50, Strength by 50, or Intellect by 50 respectively. Item level 300 or higher required. These new recipes are rare world drops.
- Enchant Off-Handed – Superior Intellect now increases Intellect by 40, down from 100.
- The Electrified Ether recipe now creates 2 to 3 Electrified Ether instead of 1.
- The Heat-Treated Spinning Lure buff duration has been increased to 15 minutes, up from 5. In addition, the recipe now creates 2 at a time.
- Mystic Cogwheel is a new Engineering Cogwheel gem which provides resilience rating and can be purchased from the Engineering vendor for 55 Honor Points.
- Synapse Springs now increase Agility, Strength, or Intellect (whichever is highest for the character). In addition, the effect now lasts 10 seconds, down from 12.
- Volatile Air now has an increased chance of dropping from rich mining nodes and Pyrite with the Electrostatic Condenser.
- Rare fishing poles now have a chance to be found in the Bag of Fishing Treasures earned via the Stormwind and Orgrimmar Fishing daily quests.
- Meta gems with the Chaotic and Relentless prefixes now have a requirement of 3 red gems.
- New meta gems have been added: Agile Shadowspirit Diamond (Agility/3% critical damage), Reverberating Shadowspirit Diamond (Strength/3% critical damage), and Burning Shadowspirit Diamond (Intellect/3% critical damage). These new recipes are unbound and can drop from any Cataclysm creature. The new meta gems have a requirement of 3 red gems equipped.
- Vivid Dream Emerald (new gem) provides resilience/spell penetration and can be purchased for 3 Illustrious Tokens.
- Wrath of the Lich King purple, green, and orange gems have been increased in cost to match red, blue, and yellow epic gems (220 Justice Points). Burning Crusade epic gems have been increased in cost to match the most expensive Wrath of the Lich King gems.
- The 500 to 510 skill-up range for Leatherworking has been improved.
- Darkglow Embroidery (Rank 2) now increases Spirit instead of restoring a flat amount of mana.
- Illusionary Bag now has 26 slots.
- Profession Bug Fixes
- See the fixes listed under the Items section.
Player vs. Player
- Bloodlust, Heroism, Time Warp and Ancient Hysteria can no longer be cast while in Arenas.
The Battle for Gilneas
- The time it takes to capture a flag has been reduced to 5 seconds, down from 8.
Strand of the Ancients
- The damage done by Antipersonnel Cannons has been doubled.
- The missile speed of Rocket Blast (Antipersonnel Cannons) has been increased by roughly 50%.
- Some Antipersonnel Cannons could shoot the platform they were spawned on. These spawn locations have been fixed.
- The Battleground Demolisher no longer has two additional seats and now only has room for the driver.
- A PvP duration flag has been added to Battleground Demolishers. This should make it so crowd control effects cast on unmanned demolishers does not last an extended amount of time.
- There should no longer be a discrepancy in time when the Battleground Demolishers spawn at the start of each round.
- The Battleground Demolishers spawned on the docks no longer despawn when the north graveyard is taken by the offense.
- Massive Seaforium Charges should now be useable in rated Battleground matches.
- The duration of the Teleport debuff has been lowered to 10 seconds, down from 20.
- The radius of the Seaforium Blast has been lowered to 10 yards, down from 20.
- The Teleporters on defense will now teleport players based on which line of gates have been destroyed, rather than directly behind that gate. For example, if a player clicks the Teleporter at the Blue gate when one of the beach gates has been destroyed, it will put the player behind the Red gate.
- Attacking forces will receive a 200% capture speed bonus when they control 2 keeps.
- Defending forces will receive a 200% capture speed bonus when they control all 3 keeps.
- Daily quest creatures, herbs, minerals, etc. will only spawn when Tol Barad is in the quest phase between battles. There will be 5-minute and 1-minute warnings before the quest phase ends. The quest phase ends 15 minutes before the battle for Tol Barad begins and queuing is made available. At that time any players in the daily micro dungeons will be ported just outside. This does not apply to Tol Barad Peninsula or the daily quests there.
- The weekly PvP quest „Victory in Tol Barad“ now awards 200 Honor Points and 3 Tol Barad Commendations.
- Players can now see the status of Tol Barad on the World Map no matter where they are. The time to the next battle is displayed by zooming into the Tol Barad section of the map. The current controlling faction can be seen on the Eastern Kingdoms map.
PvP Bug Fixes
- Players are again able to report other players as AFK from the maps and chat interfaces in Tol Barad and Wintergrasp.
- Entering an Arena should no longer sometimes cause a client crash.
- It is now possible to disband an Arena team from the Arena Team management page of the PvP tab.
- The Join Battle button on the PvP pane should now function when a team captain attempts to queue.
- It should no longer be possible for players to get their pets stuck on the large pillars in the Orgrimmar Arena.
- Players joining late to an Arena match will now count for the win condition and will have enemy unit frames.
- Players should no longer receive a client crash by going AFK in a Battleground.
- There should no longer be a slight delay when returning a flag in Battlegrounds.
- The Battleground Rating and Rating Change categories on the Score Screen are now sorting properly.
- The buff located at the Blacksmith should now always apply when players run through it.
- The Goldmine flag no longer counts as two base assaults when captured by the Horde.
Eye of the Storm
- Players with only the classic World of Warcraft license attached to their accounts should now be able to access this Battleground.
Isle of Conquest
- The Horde gates no longer become large pink cubes when they are destroyed.
- The Alliance Keep entrance should not start open at the beginning of the battle.
- Vehicle damage now better matches the tooltip.
- Using a catapult’s Launch should no longer cause players to sometimes get stuck inside the geometry of the Horde Keep.
Strand of the Ancients
- It should no longer be possible for the Alliance boats to not phase out upon the start of round 2.
- Move enforcement failures shouldn’t occur while on the ships for either faction.
- Boots of Speed power-ups were unevenly placed relative to the flags in each base and have been adjusted.
- The interface should now properly track the final flag capture for the Horde.
Tol Barad Fixes
- The status and timer on the map should now be working correctly.
- The Abandoned Siege Engines now make sounds when moving.
Quests & Creatures
- Many rare creatures that went into hiding upon Deathwing’s emergence into Azeroth have made a return! In addition to finding new homes in a post-Cataclysm world, they drop new, improved loot, provide a healthy experience bonus, and respawn much more quickly when killed. Happy hunting!
- Chief Engineer Scooty, formally of Booty Bay, has packed up his Gnomeregan teleporter and lugged it up to Grom’gol in Northern Stranglethorn to better accommodate his Horde customers.
Tol Barad Peninsula
- A new achievement, Just Another Day in Tol Barad, has been added for completing all of the Tol Barad daily quests.
- Crazed Guards now drop Rusty Rifles.
- The spawn rate of Alliance and Horde Infantry for the quest “The Leftovers” has been increased.
- The Magnetized Scrap Collector for the quest “Magnets, How Do They Work?” will now be correctly removed from players‘ bags upon completing the quest.
- Both the Baradin’s Wardens and Hellscream’s Reach Commendations are now Bound to Account items.
- Quest turn-in NPCs have been added to Baradin Base Camp and Hellscream’s Reach in Tol Barad Peninsula for the Tol Barad bonus quests. This will allow players to turn in these quests if the original quest givers in Tol Barad are not available.
- Kill credit for the Tol Barad bonus quest bosses will now be granted to players who have helped attack them, even if they are not in the same group. These bosses include Problim, Archmage Galus, Warden Silva, and Svarnos.
- The Farson Keep Prisoner summoned for the quest “Walk A Mile In Their Shoes” will now only be visible to the player who summoned him.
- Spawn rates at Rustberg Village have been increased.
- Rusty Rifles will now spawn more frequently at Farson Keep.
Quest & Creature Bug Fixes
- Goblin Zeppelin Masters who are marked as Horde faction will no longer cause Alliance players to lose neutral goblin reputation if killed.
- Corehounds in Mount Hyjal cannot be tamed by hunters without the required Beast Mastery talent.
- Darkwood Lurkers and Broodmothers in Tol Barad Peninsula can now be skinned.
- Players should now always receive 6 daily quests in Tol Barad Peninsula as intended, rather than sometimes only getting 5.
- The draenei racial trait Gift of the Naaru now heals 20% of the target’s health over 15 seconds, rather than a scaling value.
- The dwarven racial trait Stoneform now reduces all damage taken by 10%, rather than increasing armor by 10%. It also increases the dwarf’s size when used.
- The gnomish racial trait Escape Artist now has a 1.5-minute cooldown, down from 1.75. In addition, it is now possible to use and waste this ability when not snared or rooted. This is consistent with other dispels.
- The human racial trait Every Man for Himself has been reverted back to a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3. The ability functions the same as PvP trinkets, removing disarm and silence effects as well.
- The night elf racial trait Shadowmeld can now be used while shapeshifted.
- The tauren racial trait War Stomp can now be used while shapeshifted.
- The worgen racial trait Darkflight now has a 2-minute cooldown, down from 3, and is no longer on the global cooldown. In addition, the movement speed bonus now stacks with existing bonuses, but cannot be activated while Sprint or Dash is active (and they cannot be activated while Darkflight is active).
Race Bug Fixes
- Goblin Rocket Barrage damage is no longer inconsistent with its tooltip.
- Goblin characters can now participate in the Argent Tournament via the Orgrimmar delegation.
- The tooltip for the orc racial Blood Fury now show the correct amount of attack/spell power boosts.
- Attempting to use the worgen ability Two Forms while under the effects of a druid’s Shapeshift should no longer cause an incorrect error message.
- Worgen characters can now participate in the Argent Tournament via the Darnassus delegation.
- For opening cinematics there is now a streaming option interface in the login screen for play-on-demand.
- Players can now individually remove raid world markers.
- The Reputation Pane now saves which reputation categories are expanded or collapsed.
Character Info Window
- The Character Info window (C) now saves the order and expand/collapse state of stat categories separately for each talent specialization.
- Character movement speed is now displayed on the Character Info window (C) with all other stats.
- The Haste display on the Character Info window (C) now shows the total haste percentage, rather than only haste from haste rating.
- There are now number displays on the summary page and dropdown menu.
- Ready Flash has been added to the race icons.
- A View All button has been added to the profession display regardless of whether Show Offline Members is checked.
- Online members can now be sorted to the top of the View Crafters list.
- The guild reputation cap is now displayed in the tooltip.
Real ID & Chat
- Real ID login notifications now include character and game icons.
- Players can now right-click close a chat window tab even if it’s not the current tab.
- There is now an option to auto-pop whispers into a new tab.
- Popped out whisper windows now show online/offline status messages.
- Predicted healing (previously only available for Raid Frames and raid-style Party Frames) has been added to the following unit frames: Player Frame, Party Frame, Target Frame, Focus Frame.
User Interface Bug Fixes
- Many tooltips have been updated to reflect any changes made via recent hotfixes.
- Several typos found in various item and spell tooltips have been corrected.
- The Combat Log was displaying a lot of incorrect or inconsistent information pertaining to select player, creature, and boss abilities. These issues have been addressed.
- Many quests with missing or incorrect Wanted portraits have been updated.
- Several quests missing objective points of interest on the map have been updated for proper tracking.
- Cooldown countdowns on tooltips should now update properly when mousing over an ability on cooldown on a secondary action bar.
- Worgen characters now work properly in the Barbershop.
General Bug Fixes
- Many holiday decorations have been updated to better align with the post-Cataclysm world. In addition, decorations should be visible in all Stormwind quest phases, and have returned to Gadgetzan. Party on, dudes!
- Lunar Festival Sentinels anti-PvP guards have had their level and health/damage modifiers adjusted for Cataclysm.
- Corpses now properly drop to the ground if a player is killed in midair.
- Dying while using a Charge ability will no longer leave the player’s corpse suspended in the air.
- Spells with attachment point effect visuals should now display correctly.
- Many spell effects which were no longer displaying properly have been corrected.
- Players‘ pets should now properly benefit from Mana Spring Totem.
- Players will now receive an error when attempting to spend talent points while dead or a ghost.
- Sound shouldn’t become de-synced during encounters with large amounts of sound effects.
- Sound shouldn’t cut out when there are a large amount of sound effects being played at once.
Feb 7 2011
Patch 4.06 kommt – die kompletten Patchnotes für den ersten großen Patch in Cataclysm
Mittwoch kommt der schon erwartete Patch 4.06 – neben vielen Klassenanpassungen und Bugfixes gibt es auch viele kleine Ergänzungen und Änderungen, etwa bei den Berufen. Wir haben hier auf dem Blog ja schon mehrfach die Problematik angesprochen, dass Cataclysm in einigen Punkten ein wenig unfertig wirkt. Viele dieser Kritikpunkte werden nun angepackt.
Aus DK Sicht stehen die Nerfs des Unholy Baums und der verbesserte DPS des Blood Tanks im Vordergrund. Frost hat die wenigsten Überarbeitungen erfahren. Ich bin mal gespannt, ob der Bug mit der Runenregeneration gefixt wird, der einer der Gründe war, warum Frost doch deutlich schlechter als UH aussah. Aber genug der Vorrede, hier nun die kompletten Patchnotes auf Englisch:
By Marcus Lottermoser • World of Warcraft 0 • Tags: 4.06 Patchnotes, Jäger 4.06, Krieger 4.06, Magier 4.06, Paladin 4.06, Patch 4.06, Priester 4.06, Schurke 4.06, Todesritter 4.06